It can never be denied that Outlook is a very good email client due to which the number of its users is increasing day by day.
In contrast, users of Mozilla Thunderbird are able to take advantage of it only to a limited extent. In such a situation, moving people from Thunderbird to Outlook is a very common problem.
Which process is more popular to move from Thunderbird to Outlook?
If you’ve made up your mind to import data from Thunderbird to Outlook, you’re left with only two options: manual and third-party solutions.
There are also two types of manual process which require different email clients.
First Manual Process: PST from Mozilla Thunderbird
This method cannot be used in new Outlook so for newer version you have to follow the steps of second manual method.
- In this method the user has to install Eudora which has Outlook already installed.
- After that paste the mbox file to the default location of Eudora and change the file format from mbox to mbx. It is necessary to do this because Eudora has only MBX files and both have the same structure, so there is no problem in this.
- Now open Outlook and go to Import-Export tool
- Select Import Internet Mail and Addresses in the list then click on Next button.
- Choose Eudora from the list then press Next again
- Select the folder to save the location and click on the finish button
- After following these steps your data will be migrated from Thunderbird to Outlook.
In this method, there is a lack of folder structure and you get all the emails in one folder.
Second Method: Thunderbird to Outlook migration via Gmail
Any Outlook user can follow this method and import Thunderbird emails to Outlook via Gmail. Gmail is an online email service that allows user to use it free and paid.
- To convert Thunderbird emails into Outlook first we setup an account from Thunderbird to Gmail using IMAP protocol.
- Once the account is created then create a new folder under the account and drag all Thunderbird emails in it.
- These emails automatically sync to Gmail account so that you open it in MS Outlook.
- Now we setup an account from Gmail to Outlook so that we access Gmail mailbox.
Note 1: This method requires a permanent internet connection and a Gmail account.
Note 2: There is always the risk of headers or images being lost in this 2-way process.
What is a direct approach to move Thunderbird emails to Outlook PST?
If a user wants to export emails from Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird then third-party tools are the only way.
MailsDaddy Thunderbird to Outlook Converter is unique among all solutions in the market; it keeps all folders of data together and can move single and multiple mailboxes to Outlook at once.
Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird – Conversion steps
- Download MailsDaddy Thunderbird to Outlook converter tool and install it in Windows OS.
- Run the solution and press on Add file button.
- Click on Browse or Auto load button to add mailbox in the solution.
- Hit on export button to start batch migration from Thunderbird to PST.
- Choose PST file format, select single or separate PST for all mailbox
- Save the destination and press on Export button to start conversion.
The application also offers EML, MSG, HTML, MHTML and RTF file format. You can import Thunderbird emails to Outlook, once PST file is exported.
Here I have shared a complete theory to open emails into Outlook from Thunderbird. You can read manual as well as direct method to migrate mailbox into Outlook. Manual way has some restriction and long process but direct method does not need any addition requirement. If you want to try free demo edition of the software and move 20 emails from each folder.
Read here: Power of Herbal Supplement
Leave a Reply