How to wash the toilet
Of all the places in our house, flushing the bathroom is the most dreaded part of cleaning. Just thinking about bacteria and germs sends a shiver down my spine. To help you in this battle, we’ve separated some tips that we’re sure will help in this unique moment. Check out!
The bathroom is one of the most important places in the house. There, you can find bacteria and germs that can be harmful to our health. The walls, the box, the sink, the toilet, and even the cabinets need special care when cleaning. So take that extra breath and let’s start cleaning:
1. Preparation before flushing the toilet
Before starting to clean the bathroom, it is necessary to prepare (sometimes even mentally!) and to separate the materials that will be used. First of all, already guarantee your favorite playlist, because we will need all the incentives to get started.
Then remove everything that is not necessary to be there or that will get in the way, for example, shampoo, conditioner, laundry basket, etc. Oh! Already take advantage and remove the trash and put the clothes and carpets to wash.
Now, it’s our turn of the products we are going to use:
- Chlorine or bleach;
- Sponge and cloth;
- Toilet brush;
- Broom and squeegee;
- Some bactericidal product;
- Glass cleaner.
Here, you can find more information about the 5 essential products to clean the bathroom.
2. Time to wash the toilet!
You will start from the top down. But what does that mean? Start with the walls and cabinets and finish with the floor, due to its movement during cleaning. Have you taken a deep breath? So let’s start!
- Cupboards: with a damp cloth, together with detergent, remove accumulated dust from cupboards. Don’t forget to dry the surfaces afterward, so you avoid the material from spoiling.
- Mirror: use the glass cleaner, but if you don’t have one, you can use a damp cloth with a little detergent. And again soon after, dry the mirror.
- Sink and countertop: Use a damp cloth with a solution of detergent and bathroom cleaner, or a slime removed. And, you already know, remove any excess by drying the place.
- Toilet: the most dreaded part has arrived, but hold my hand and let’s go. Put disinfectant on the inside of the vase and let it act for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, scrub the corners with a sponge or a suitable brush. Flush and remove all residue of the product used. For the external part, use a cloth or sponge only for this and, together with the disinfectant, spread the product throughout the piece. Let it act and rinse well.
- Bathroom box: with a sponge and neutral detergent, scrub the entire surface. Rinse with water and then dry with a dry cloth. Check if your work turned out well!
- Piso: Finally, we’re already in sight of the finish line! With a solution of water and liquid detergent, scrub the floor well, rinse, and dry. Afterward, you can use the disinfectant of your choice to give that pleasant smell of cleaning.
Want more tips for cleaning your shower stall and floor, check out our cleaning guidelines here and here.
3. Care between cleanings
After all the work, sweat, and tears, we want to keep the bathroom as tidy as possible until the next battle. For this, follow some care to practice, to prepare for the next cleaning:
- Did you notice that any surface accumulates water? Always keep a dry cloth nearby to avoid possible damage.
- Is the bathroom trash full? Already remove it and avoid any alien smell in that space.
- Keep the place tidy. We know it’s sometimes difficult, but try to keep things in order to help with your next cleaning.
- Use an aromatizer so always feel that good smell when you enter the bathroom.
Ready! Now, you can enjoy your clean and smelling bathroom!
We are the Leader franchise network in the cleaning and care segment, created with one purpose: to make your day-to-day easier!
On our blog, we have cleaning and care tips. Follow our profile on Instagram and Facebook to access amazing content and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel!